Tuesday 21 February 2012

Old Fashioned Dating at The Shadow Lounge

Just a heads up on an event I've been invited to tomorrow night - the ladies tickets are sold out now I think but fellas there's still some space for you! This actually looks great.



For cool modern people with old fashioned values looking for friendship and romance - It's a journey back to 1930s courting. 

You will have 10 dates on your dating card which will be pre-matched by a real old fashioned dating professional.

You can then stay for the utter fabulous show that is BURLEXE:
Burlexe is one of the most original shows of it's type in town with an all female cast mixing top burlesque performers (Fancy Chance, Kiki Kaboom and Luna Rosa) with talented actresses performing burlesque monologues all held together seemlessly by r'n'b whip cracking songstress hostess with the mostress Kele Le Roc.
www.burlexe.co.uk
 Tickets are £32 for dating and show
£11 for dating only - tickets here http://oldfashioneddating.eventbrite.com/

The Old Fashioned Dating company believes that with matchmaking, backwards is the way forwards.
We encourage you to listen, laugh and chat in a world of sophistation, entertainment, music and dancing.
The good old days are back.

Doors open for The Old Fashioned Dating launch at 6.00pm
Dating starts at 6.30 sharp
Show starts 8.00pm
Carriages at 11.00pm ish


"The launch event of Old Fashion Dating takes its inspiration from 1930s courting, mixing old school matchmaking with (gentle) speed-dating, all followed by a cracking burlesque show.The ‘old fashioned’ aspect will see a dating expert match-make applicants ahead of the event, based on their answers to a questionnaire completed on booking. Each attendee will receive a sealed dating card on arrival containing information about their 10 handpicked dates. Interviews will be gently marshalled over an hour or so you can spend some time getting to know each one."
Sounds really exciting! Can't wait to go. I will of course dissect the evening's events right here on my blog afterwards... watch this space!

2 comments:

The Divine Lady C said...

Hi,

I have just found your blog and have been trying to do a really similar thing on my own blog. I totally relate to heaps of your posts - especially about texting - WHY WHY do they take 6 hours to reply when I can see from my facebook stalking they are posting things! (apologies for that crazy outburst) and with what to do if you meet someone you actually like while writing a blog about it...

May I recommend okcupid as a good website to use - if only because it is free and you can find some ok guys there... I must say I think you have had lots of success with securing kisses on dates! much better than I!

The Divine Lady C

Single Girl said...

Hey Lady C!

Thanks so much for your comment - you should go for it and start blogging! I'm finding it really fun and it's opening a whole new world of single-accepting-ness to me.

I'm actually on OKCupid - it's alright, loads of messages but no dates just yet! Humph! Will keep trying though.

Single Girl xx